Shepton Mallet Benefice Churches
To know Jesus and to make Him known
There has probably been a church building on this site since before St Aldhelm first came in 700AD. There was major restoration in 1869 when the incumbent took most of the church down, rebuilt and extended it. The two transepts pre-date this time and there are fine carved wooden angels in the roofs. The oldest part of the present church is the Norman arch of the north porch door.
The church seats about 120 in the nave and, when required, a further 80 in the transepts. Kitchen and toilet facilities have been installed in recent years. The bells were re-tuned and the bell frame renewed in 2002. The spire has been renovated in 2010. The adjoining churchyard is open for the interment of cremated remains and the churchyard extension is open for burials.